Summer can be a sad time for coffee lovers. But it sure is a happy time for popsicle lovers! With that in mind, our Summer Coffee Happy Happy Super-Fun! team got busy bringing your favorite beverage into your favorite season. Say hello to Groundwork’s very own Mint Chocolate Toddy Pops! It’s summer, coffee lovers. Get happy.
- Dark chocolate with a high cacao percentage (We used Guittard’s 72% cocao Quetzalcoatl bittersweet chocolate with notes of spicy coconut)
- Fresh mint
- Groundwork Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- Filtered water
- Almond milk
- Create simple syrup by mixing sugar with just enough hot water to completely dissolve all the sugar.
- Mix 2 parts toddy with 1 part almond milk, 1 part water, and 1 part simple syrup.
- Pour about 3/4 inch of the toddy mixture into each popsicle mold. Insert sticks and let freeze.
- Reserve the rest of the mixture for later.
- Finely chop the chocolate until it is the texture of coarse bread crumbs.
- Finely chop the mint.
- Mix together the chopped mint and chocolate.
- Take the tray of popsicle molds out of the freezer. Sprinkle 1/2 inch of the mint/chocolate mixture into each mold. Take your toddy mixture and pour just enough of the liquid to cover most of the mint/chocolate. Put back into the freezer.
- Continue adding alternating stripes of the toddy mixture and the chocolate mint mixture until you reach the top of each popsicle mold.
- Once completed, run warm water on the outside of the molds to help release the popsicles. Then serve!