Chef John's Pumpkin Pie
Author | groundwork coffee Date | November 10, 2019
It's pie time, friends! Once the flurry and fun of Halloween passes, it's all about pie starting...now. We're kicking off this glorious time of year with a very special pie recipe from a very special member of our team.
Chef John Lobb, Director of Culinary and Retail Operations, AKA the man behind all the delicious food at our cafes, has shared with us his very own Pumpkin Pie recipe and, of course, we've shared it with you (family is family).
- Prep Time 10 Mins
- Cook Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Cooling Time 2 hrs
- Servings: 8
- 1 9 inch unbaked deep dish pie crust (John couldn't share his top secret pie crust, sorry folks)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 15 ounce can organic pumpkin puree
- 1 12 fluid ounce can organic evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 425. Combine sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice blend in a small bowl
- In a large bowl, beat eggs lightly
- Stir in pumpkin puree and spice/sugar mixture.
- Slow stir in evaporated milk
- Pour into prepared pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.