Things to know about Barnana, the latest snack food to adorn Groundwork's L.A. cafe countertops:
- They’re delicious, chewy banana bites.
- They’re loaded with potassium, naturally.
- They’re made with perfectly imperfect bananas. What’s a perfectly imperfect banana, you ask? All too often, scuffed, overripe, or oddly sized bananas are rejected for export and your consumption. Which means they simply go to waste. Well, not anymore!
- Speaking of sustainability, did you know that Barnana uses dried banana peels, pressed into “pellets,” as an energy source to power the dehydration ovens that produce all of their delicious, chewy goodness? Well, they do!
So, your new favorite snack food, now available at your favorite Groundwork cafe, is:
- Good for you.
- Good for the environment.
- Good for all of those bananas that will never again be left behind.