Accounts Payable Clerk
Location | Los Angeles
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire an upbeat, detail-oriented, and highly organized Accounts Payable Clerk to join our growing team and jump-start their career. You’ll wear many hats and be exposed to various facets of the coffee business from sourcing and production to retail and wholesale distribution as you take on the responsibility of ensuring accurate and timely payment of goods and services purchased by the organization. If you love a great a cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, with a keen ability to problem-solve and prioritize workloads, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
In this entry-level accounting role, you will collaborate cross-functionally and with the other members of the Admin/Finance department to resolve A/P issues, assist in updating and reconciling the sub-ledger to G/L, process checks, and match, batch, and code invoices in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices, while ensuring compliance with company policies
- Ensure invoices, checks, and other documents are properly sorted, logged, scanned, and filed for immediate consideration
- Manage the process of verifying, logging, and mailing checks, including expediting special handling
- Open, sort, and deliver department mail on a daily basis
- Maintain client vendor lists
- Help with internal and external audits as required
- Provide support to internal business partners as needed, and to the admin/finance team by completing administrative tasks as assigned
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Code each invoice with correct GL number and enter in computer
- Resolve purchase order contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Scan invoices and checks into electronic filing system
- Complete credit applications
- Assist with month and year end closing
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- A High school diploma or GED and two years of related experience.
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in an A/P role preferred
- Solid understanding of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Strong organizational skills
- Microsoft Excel experience and PC Proficiency
- Accurate Data Entry skills
- General math and arithmetic skills
- Thoroughness and proven ability to follow standard procedures
- Articulate customer service and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to learn
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun office environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Multiple Health Plan Options: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.