We are currently looking to hire a career-minded candidate for the position of Assistant Store Manager for the following locations:
- North Hollywood
- Downtown Los Angeles
An Assistant Store Manager ensures that Groundwork's Retail Operating Philosophy is understood, embraced, and modeled by all team members as a means of strengthening our core values. Additionally, the Assistant Manager drives for results; continuously seeking improvements to enable store, and company growth. Assistant managers are inspirational leaders at Groundwork. They expand and deepen passion by supporting their Store Manager, building strong and well developed store teams, ensuring unequaled quality, engaging customers, running clean and organized stores, driving speed of service and conducting themselves within the ethical, legal, and moral boundaries consistent with Groundwork's values.
- Support the Store Manager in the areas of recruiting, hiring, and training Baristas, including but not limited to new hire training, orientation, and development;
- Increase profit, sales and control operating expenses by ensuring upkeep of store and equipment;
- Coach, train, and provide performance feedback to all store employees;
- Resolve all customer and store issues in a timely manner;
- Must be able to perform all duties of a Barista;
- Ensure all store equipment is regularly maintained and calibrated. Respond to equipment issues in a timely fashion;
- Consistent involvement and delivery of the highest quality coffees, teas, beverages and baked goods in accordance with Groundwork's distinguishing quality standards;
- Provide ongoing coaching and training on product freshness and quality and ensure that it is a priority for store team;
- Third wave coffee experience preferred;
- Food/beverage experience;
- Valid ServSafe or Food Handlers certification;
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions;
- Math skills (add, subtract, divide, and multiply);
- Ability to work and think independently, make quality decisions in the absence of a Store Manager;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays;
- Demonstrated ability to sell and increase sales in a retail environment;
- Ability to create a positive work environment and demonstrate excellent customer service;
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work with a sense of urgency;
- Ability to communicate effectively under pressure;
- Ability to lead teams and effectively delegate;
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Assistant Manager- Hollywood".
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.