Barista Shift Lead
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production.
Now, nearly 30 years later — thanks to the neighbors and friends we’ve been fortunate enough to serve — we have opened 14 cafés along the West Coast, we have two very busy roasteries in Los Angeles and Portland, and we produce a growing line of delicious cold brew coffees. We’ve also been profoundly lucky to see the development of dozens of new organic coffee farms around the world and are proud to continue sharing their exceptional coffees with you. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire an outgoing, reliable, and tenaciously customer-centric Shift Leader to join our growing team and jump-start their career. Leveraging your superior communication skills and experience in specialty coffee, tea, and drink preparation, you’ll wear many hats and be exposed to various facets of third-wave café operations. As a Groundwork Coffee Shift Lead, you will perform all of the job responsibilities of the Barista, while also taking an active role in creating and maintaining a positive store environment, making improvements with customer feedback in mind, and communicating effectively with all levels of the organization to prioritize tasks at hand. You will be well-versed on manual espresso equipment and our organic product offerings, and take pride in producing the highest quality beverages while also displaying a willingness to strive for continual growth and improvement. If you love interacting with customers over a great cup of coffee (or tea), and constantly strive to push yourself and others for best results, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized store environment
- Maintains accurate cash handling and follows proper procedure for securing store funds
- Responsible for opening and closing the store
- Maintains a minimum availability of 30 hours and communicates scheduling needs to supervisor in a timely manner
- Manages and maintains shift changes, breaks, and daily tasks through use of the shift planner
- Achieves goals assigned by supervisor and utilizes staff and resources available
- Communicates store needs and needs of the guests to the Assistant Store Team Lead and/or Store Team Lead
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by communicating with the Store Team Lead
- Maintains operations by coordinating and enforcing company policies and procedures
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Identifies guest needs by establishing rapport with potential and actual guests
- Provides coaching and feedback in the moment when the opportunity arises
- Communicates respectively and directly to all team members and guests
- Contributes to team effort through execution of program initiatives
- Ensures staff’s adequate knowledge of products, procedures, and service standards
- Personally committed to looking ahead and planning for shift quality and experience.
- Sets example for staff through consistent performance and adherence to quality standards
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- 2 years of barista experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Possess a valid ServSafe certification or equivalent Food Handlers card
- Must be able to effectively complete and communicate tasks with team and leadership
- Must be able to perform math computations (add, subtract, divide, and multiply).
- Must be able to perform basic computer skills and can navigate operation applications
- Ability to work and think independently, make quality decisions in the absence of a supervisor
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Maintain a minimum availability of 30 hours and communicate scheduling needs to Store Manager in a timely manner
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun retail environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every other week
- Free Meal: One free meal per shift
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverages, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.