A Barista is knowledgeable in coffee, tea, and drink preparation. The job of the Barista involves efficient, fast, and quality service while providing products that meet our brand expectations. The Barista will accomplish this goal by offering support to co-workers and management staff as well as adhering to procedures that ensure excellence is achieved and maintained.
A Shift Leader performs all of the job responsibilities of the Retail Sales and Barista positions with the following responsibilities: Acts with customers in mind and uses first-hand customer information for improvements. Builds effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Takes an active role in creating and maintaining a positive store environment. Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Uses time effectively and efficiently and prioritizes tasks at hand. Constantly and consistently meets and exceeds goals and pushes self and others for best results.
Third wave coffee experience preferred
Schedule: Varies, Part-time and Full-time position (evenings and weekends required)
Rate of Pay: Baristas: $11.25/Hour - $13.25/Hour DOE
- Consistently understands, reads, and executes recipe requirements correctly
- Ensures appropriate health and safety standards, ServSafe practices
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of products at stations to assure a smooth service
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Opens and/or closes the location properly and follows the closing checklist
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge or skills for your work. Willingness to strive for growth and improvement. Commitment to excel in your work.
- Valid ServSafe certification or equivalent Food Handlers card.
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers, management, and shift leaders.
- Perform math computations (add, subtract, divide, and multiply).
- Ability to work and think independently, make quality decisions in the absence of a supervisor.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Includes long periods of standing while working with equipment.
- Busy, tight quarters, often warm/hot.
- Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of 50 lbs. or less.
Job Type: Full-time
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Barista/Shift Leader (Lake Oswego)" in the subject of your email, as well as a brief summary of your experience with food or beverage sales.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.