Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire an energetic, talented, and collaborative Business Analyst to hit the ground running and contribute vital insights to our growing team. Leveraging your strong critical thinking skills and in-depth knowledge of core reporting systems, you will analyze Groundwork’s financial performance to help with business decisions. A diligent and thoughtful problem-solver, you’ll take the lead in supporting the coordination and data maintenance of key financial systems, and aid with financial reporting, the budgeting/re-forecasting process, financial modeling, and sales analysis.
If you love a great a cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and are enthusiastic about business analytics, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the budgeting/re-forecasting process, including working with different departments to analyze variances
- Partner with Executive team to create and maintain Financial and Operational Key Performance Indicators to manage the business
- Analyze syndicated sales data to generate sales projections/forecasting
- Analyze customer and product profitability to help management monitor customer pricing
- Work with our Purchasing Manager to understand the Company's product costs
- Work with Sales to manage profitability by Sales Channel for our Wholesale business units
- Develop financial models to determine feasibility of opening new stores and project break-even dates
- Work with our Real-Estate department to meet store opening budgets
- Work with our Retail management to analyze the stores' profitability and recommend corrective measures
- Present analyses to the Executive team and Board of Directors
- Perform regular audits of our ERP and other supporting systems to assure data integrity
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or other related discipline
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years of financial analysis experience
- Understanding of accounting required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required
- Ability to deliver on commitments while working on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work well in a growing and changing environment
- Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with different departments and external parties
- Experience with SAP Business One or other ERP systems preferred
- Previous experience in the beverage industry or similar business sector preferred
- Some travel is required.
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun office environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Multiple Health Plan Options: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Business Analyst - Los Angeles”.