Café Marketing Coordinator
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production.
Now, nearly 30 years later — thanks to the neighbors and friends we’ve been fortunate enough to serve — we have opened 14 cafés along the West Coast, we have two very busy roasteries in Los Angeles and Portland, and we produce a growing line of delicious cold brew coffees. We’ve also been profoundly lucky to see the development of dozens of new organic coffee farms around the world and are proud to continue sharing their exceptional coffees with you. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
The Café Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Marketing Team and Retail Leadership with the organization and coordination of a broad range of projects that directly impact the growth of the Retail Channel. This position reports into the VP, Marketing and works collaboratively with Retail Leadership, Operations, and outside print vendors.
- Coordinate all retail café marketing initiatives, including product launches, merchandising, point of sale material, and promotions.
- Partner with the Procurement Team to order, organize, and distribute Retail specific merchandise and marketing assets.
- Translate asset requests from the Café Managers into design briefs that are detailed and time-bound.
- Partner with Retail Café Managers and the Marketing team to execute our cafe merchandising strategy with the goal of growing share of revenue of merchandise, packaged coffee, and grab-and-go.
- Foster strong, collaborative partnerships with all retail cafe management.
- Coordinate all retail specific programming, including loyalty initiatives, delivery/order ahead platforms, art program, POS display, and events.
- In partnership with Retail Café Managers, build and maintain trade area surveys for each cafe location. Work with Café Managers to engage with local communities around our cafes to drive traffic and generate brand awareness.
- Identify and execute local guerrilla style marketing events that support the advancement of our brand mission.
- Partner with Content and Community Specialist to create and share social content that highlights the retail cafe experience and products.
- Translate Toast POS data into actionable insights, providing ongoing recommendations to the team regarding SKU optimization, sampling, and suggestive selling.