We are currently looking to hire a career-minded candidate for the position of Compliance/QA Officer.
The Compliance/Quality Assurance Officer is responsible for developing and managing company food safety and compliance management systems for all food production areas of the business. The employee is expected to work with department managers to manage compliance and audits, elevate standards, and determine appropriate training of personnel. Reporting directly to the VP of Operations, this individual will work with employees across all company departments and levels of authority to execute effective strategy, analysis, reporting, and advice regarding control processes and enforce best practices throughout all stages of food production operations. As such, this individual is coffee driven and possesses an extensive knowledge of food safety and compliance issues related to both Wholesale and Retail operations. Further, this individual exhibits a high level of responsibility in maintaining intercompany, customer, and vendor communications.
- Maintains and coordinates company food safety program to maintain statutory compliance to the prescribed legal requirements in the Food Industry.
- Seeks improvements and develops tools to enable and measure food safety and product compliance strategies.
- Analyzes, develops, and enforces compliance requirements and related processes, including but not limited to GMPs, HACCP, Kosher, CCOF, Non-GMO, and third party vendor requirements.
- Provides ongoing coaching and training for department managers and their direct reports.
- Completes supplier audits (against the HACCP systems implemented) identifying corrective actions required and escalation of major concerns and ensure action there of as required.
- Liaises with Local Authority Inspectors and enforcement officials as required.
- Co-ordinates the ongoing development requirements of the department’s food safety program and compliance including carrying out internal audits
- Ensures that all registers and records and documentation relating to the role are properly maintained.
- Minimum three (3) years previous Compliance and/or QA Officer experience preferred
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills required to maintain documents and records.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be a strong leader and delegate tasks appropriately.
- Accountable for specific performance.
- Exceptional work ethic.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Compliance/QA Officer - North Hollywood”.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.