Content and Community Specialist
Location | North Hollywood, CA
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production.
$60,000-70,000 (DOE) with a flexible work environment
- Content Creation and Management
- Create compelling content that successfully communicates our brand story across all platforms, including blogs, photography, short form video, sales collateral, surveys, website copy, stories, and presentations.
- Partner with Lead Designer by creating detailed creative briefs to inform development of assets.
- Coordinate and manage large-scale photo and video shoots.
- Manage all brand assets in Dropbox and Google Drive, maintaining category organization and keywording.
- Support Sales and external partners with existing and custom asset requests.
- Organic Social Media and Community Management
- Develop content calendar and oversee day-to-day publishing across all social media platforms.
- Review and respond in real-time to all comments, queries, and direct messages, escalating as necessary to appropriate stakeholders,
- Strategize approaches to scale our online communities, connect with new audiences, and encourage repeat engagement with the brand.
- Create, monitor and contribute to relevant conversations across the Internet related to our brand mission and values
- Influencer Marketing and Partnerships
- Identify partnership opportunities with like-minded brands and influencers to build brand awareness and drive customer acquisition.
- Execute influencer, media, and partner care packages.
- Develop and grow brand ambassador program.
What It Takes To Work Here:
We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter and learner with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in digital content marketing or related field.
- Highly creative with the ability to bring big ideas to fruition.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in storytelling and copywriting.
- Deep experience with social media content creation and growing organic social media audiences across all major platforms.
- Strong work ethic with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive growth mindset.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Food/beverage experience preferred. Coffee experience is a plus.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
- In addition to your resume, please put together ONE pdf file that contains:
- 5 examples of recent brand content that you found compelling and why.
- 3-5 brands you look to for inspiration and why.
- If you have an online portfolio, please share a link in your application. If you do not have an online portfolio, please upload a pdf version.