Customer Service Representative
Location | North Hollywood, CA
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire a high-energy, efficient, and tenaciously thorough Customer Service Representative to join our growing team and jump-start their career. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing effective, professional, efficient, accurate, informative, and friendly customer service to all customers and prospects by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as partnering with other Customer Service team members and people in other related Departments. If you love a great cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and are enthusiastic about contributing to a team, then please apply today!
What You'll Do:
- Provide timely, accurate, helpful, and insightful information to customer/prospect regarding products and services, order status, promotions.
- Perform outbound telephone calls to existing customers soliciting orders, advising them of promotions, sharing product knowledge, determining if their experience is meeting or exceed their expectations.
- Greet walk-in visitors, make them comfortable; address their questions, offer solutions, fill orders, process payments, provide instructions.
- Answer incoming calls to the company’s main line
- Data entry - able to input accurately with minimal errors
- Process customer orders/changes/credits/returns according to established policies & procedures.
- Generate reports regarding performance of the department and give advice on best methods of correcting deficiencies and bolstering strengths.
- Closely and effectively manage customer collections. Work closely with the customer and your Supervisor to resolve disputed credit items.
- Prepare for your outbound customer calls by reviewing their account in advance to ensure you address any outstanding issues, such as open accounts receivable balances, backordered item status, etc.
- Circle back/follow-up with customers after encounters to ensure their needs were satisfied and that they perceive you have fulfilled your promises and commitments.
- Partner with Sales Reps to meet and exceed customers’ service expectations.
- Continually grow product knowledge through resourcefulness, research, and company-provided training, fueled by your curiosity and interest in the business.
- Create professional business relationships that encourage customers to be loyal to the Company as their preferred vendor of choice.
- Get to know the customer’s buying patterns, business, and needs so you can make informed and insightful suggestions and offer effective solutions.
- Inform and educate customers/prospects about new and different ways for them to use our products and services, and other reasons to buy from us.
- Set-up for customer visits.
- Provide timely feedback to the Company regarding service failures or customer/prospect concerns.
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- High School diploma and (6) months to (1) year Receptionist or Customer Service experience
- Customer service experience: retail or B2B product & services and/or working with a sales rep force
- Computer proficiency: QuickBooks, SAP, Microsoft Word & Excel, Gsuite
- Commitment to company values; ability to maintain confidentiality when needed
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Multiple Health Plan Options: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.