We are currently looking to hire a career-minded candidate for the position of Director of Coffee.
The Director of Coffee will oversee Groundwork’s green buying and roasting program. This is a truly unique opportunity to grow your career in the coffee industry. This is a lead role that requires not just coffee skills, but also business and operations skills. It combines all the exciting parts of running a coffee program — sourcing quality green, creating profiles for rotating single origin selections — with high level business operations that touch project and product management, account management, and merchandising.
- Develop and maintain sample request and tracking system
- Develop and manage sample Cupping Protocol and result tracking/archiving
- Develop and implement roasted coffee QC program
- Develop and maintain Data logging systems
- Quality Control data and reporting
- Inventory management
- Data entry cupping forms and protocols
- Track Coffee performance over time
- Blend re-balancing
- Consistent scoring and recording
- Sample preparation standards
- Set and maintain grind standards
- Roast and Blend Profile Development
- Roaster Maintenance Over Sight
- Develop Cleaning protocol and logging
- Coffee Roaster (Human) Development
- Green Coffee Knowledge
- 7-10 Years of progressive Coffee Experience, Preferably at least 5 years in a Director role.
- Prior experience directly managing a production roasting operation where you had significant responsibilities, including experience managing production timelines. Meeting quality control standards is required.
- A love of coffee – a passion for cupping, tasting and evaluating your work is a must.
- Experience with professional green buying, as well as sophisticated knowledge of the green evaluation and purchasing processes.
- Prior knowledge/experience with web-based tools and spreadsheets/reporting. The position requires sophisticated forecasting and roast planning.
- Self-starter, problem-solver and innovator. This position requires a proactive and creative approach to problem solving and department development.
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please email your resume. Please include "Director of Coffee (Los Angeles)" in the subject of your email, as well as a brief summary of your experience with food or beverage sales to email@example.com.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.