Location | Venice, CA
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire a hardworking, efficient, and high-energy Dishwasher to join our growing team and jump-start their career. Under the direction of the Kitchen Manager and in accordance with Groundwork’s standards, your duties will include, but not be limited to: station set up, maintaining cleanliness, dish-washing and other cleaning duties as assigned. If you love a great a cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive “can-do!” attitude, and have a flexible schedule, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Includes long periods of standing while working with equipment;
- Kitchen-type, and small food-service retail environments: busy, tight quarters, often warm/hot;
- Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of 50 lbs. or less;
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Can-do, friendly, professional, "Win-Win", "Yes!" attitude
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Available a minimum of 30 hours per week
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun retail environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!