Field Marketing Specialist
Location | North Hollywood HQ
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production.
Now, nearly 30 years later — thanks to the neighbors and friends we’ve been fortunate enough to serve — we have opened 14 cafés along the West Coast, we have two very busy roasteries in Los Angeles and Portland, and we produce a growing line of delicious cold brew coffees. We’ve also been profoundly lucky to see the development of dozens of new organic coffee farms around the world and are proud to continue sharing their exceptional coffees with you. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking for an experienced Field Marketing Specialist who will work closely with the Groundwork Coffee Operating and Cafe Management to develop cafe specific programs, driving local brand awareness, and building strong relationships in our communities.If you love a great cup of coffee (or tea), embody strong leadership skills and are enthusiastic about marketing, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead all retail cafe marketing initiatives, including the coordination of product launches, merchandising, point of sale material, promotions, events, and partnerships.
- Build and maintain trade area surveys for each cafe location, Canvass and engage with local communities around our cafes to drive traffic and generate brand awareness.
- Develop and manage the retail cafe marketing portion of the annual marketing calendar.
- Lead the retail cafe merchandising strategy, working closely with cafe management to increase the share of revenue of merchandise, packaged coffee, and grab-and-go.
- Identify and lead execution of local events and guerilla marketing that support our brand mission.
- Foster strong, collaborative partnerships with all retail cafe management. Provide ongoing support through training and knowledge sharing.
- Translate POS data into actionable insights, providing ongoing recommendations around sku optimization, sampling, and suggestive selling.
- Develop tracking and reporting systems for retail cafe marketing campaigns,
- Partner with Digital Marketing manager to create and share social content that highlights the retail cafe experience and products.
- Manage all retail specific programming, including loyalty initiatives, delivery/order head platforms, artshare, POS display, and music selection.
- In partnership with the Catering Team, identify and execute new opportunities for the mobile coffee truck.
What It Takes To Work Here:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of marketing experience. Coffee or multi-unit restaurant experience preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a genuine interest in driving sales results
- Self-starter and learner with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to build strategic partnerships and connections in the communities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.