We are looking for a full-time, mid-career level Grocery Account Specialist to service organic and high-end grocery store accounts.
• Candidates interested in mid-level sales, mid-level account management, and customer account management are urged to apply.
• Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours for special projects or field work may be required.
Rate of Pay:
• DOE plus travel and mileage reimbursement, as needed.
Position Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Use our CRM/Accounting tools (SugarCRM/Quickbooks/NowCommerce) to monitor account health and identify areas of strength, risk, opportunity, and threats.
• Qualify wholesale/grocery customer eligibility based on company requirements and forward to the correct department.
• Partner with Customer Service Representative's to meet and exceed customers' service expectations.
• Provide timely, accurate, helpful, and insightful information to customer/prospect regarding products and services.
• Generate accurate and timely sales orders and invoices with minimal errors and process customer changes/credits/returns according to established department policies and procedures.
• Maintain current customer contact information
• Increase brand awareness, positive product impressions and increased sales through product knowledge, customer engagement and effective communication of brand talking points.
• Collaborate with Grocery Sales team to push recommended targets and ensure complete coverage of existing and potential customer accounts (including, but not limited to: upselling orders, notifying accounts of special promotions, & sharing product knowledge).
• Follow guided report analysis to ensure account health and engagement.
• Provide timely feedback to the Company regarding service failures or customer/prospect concerns.
• Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, collating paperwork, faxing, screen and forward incoming phone calls while providing basic information, and other tasks as needed.
• Travel may be required for training's, meetings, or other scheduled events.
• Follow all Company and Store policies when conducting field visits.
• Continually grow product knowledge through resourcefulness, research, and company-provided training, fueled by your curiosity and interest in the business.
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• High School diploma or Associate's Degree and 1 year exp. working in grocery, sales, customer service, or related field.
• Business-to-business product and services experience, working with a sales rep force.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to listen effectively.
• Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills with extreme attention to detail.
• Ability to manage proactive and reactive tasks effectively
• The ability to expertly articulate product features and benefits. Strong presentation and negotiation skills
• Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with management, clients, and consumers in any setting.
• Able to work both independently and as a team in order to drive projects and fulfill deadlines.
• Comfortable with changing work environments; standing, walking, sitting, or driving.
• Exhibits professionalism, punctuality, and office etiquette.
• QuickBooks software experience.
• Microsoft Word & Excel savvy.
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please email your resume. Please include "Grocery Account Specialist (Oregon)" in the subject of your email, as well as a brief summary of your experience with food or beverage sales to email@example.com.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.