Growth Marketing Manager
Location | North Hollywood, CA
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, The Growth Marketing Manager will play an integral role in the long-term growth of the Groundwork brand by developing and executing marketing programs touching on all aspects of the customer journey. This highly analytical role will be responsible for driving revenue growth, increasing customer engagement, building brand awareness, and measuring performance to optimize effectiveness. The Growth Marketing Manager role is grounded in traditional performance marketing in eCommerce and Grocery, but extends beyond to support all cross-channel brand building tactics.
Join our team in approaching work and life with purpose with the intention to make a positive impact and honor the entanglement of all life!
$75,000-$80,000 (DOE) with a flexible work environment
What You’ll Do:
- eCommerce and Website Management
- Manage all Groundwork Coffee website updates, including creating and editing product pages, overseeing product inventory, developing discounts codes, and executing all sales and promotions.
- Regularly refresh Groundwork Coffee website content, optimizing SEO keyword, alt-text, and copy strategies to increase page ranking, traffic, and conversion.
- Suggest website enhancements with add-on applications, social media integrations, and educational content to further improve user experience.
- Develop Amazon branded storefront and product content
- Execute regular analysis and provide reporting on conversions, web traffic, acquisition, site behavior, and campaign performance.
- Email Marketing
- Partner with Marketing Director to plan email-marketing calendar.
- Work closely with Content Marketing Specialist and Lead Designer to create high-performing, engaging, and thoughtfully designed email campaigns that adhere to brand standards.
- Setup and schedule email campaigns, utilizing link and subject line strategies to increase open rate and engagement.
- Manage customer lists and build subscriber growth through advanced segmentation, automation development, and A/B testing.
- Execute regular analysis and provide reporting on open, click-through, and conversion rates.
- Digital Advertising/Paid Media
- Manage and optimize paid digital support across all business channels with a focus on brand awareness, loyalty, and new customer acquisition.
- Ad campaigns on all active social media platforms.
- Google ad campaigns: Search, Shopping, Local, Display, and YouTube.
- Grocery ads, digital coupons, and independent shopping apps (i.e. 84.51 and Instacart, etc.)
- Partner with external agency to direct Amazon AMS ad strategy.
- Execute all Push Notifications/SMS and promotions on the Groundwork Coffee mobile app.
- Explore digital programming with Wholesale Distributor partners.
- Develop testing and analysis methods for all paid media channels to improve messaging, creative, audience targeting, and overall channel performance. Execute regular analysis and provide data insights and budget adjustment recommendations.
What It Takes To Work Here:
We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter and learner with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Minimum 5 years of digital marketing experience with 2+ years of experience leading performance marketing strategy preferably in a consumer product-oriented way.
- Proficient in Web-Based Analytical Tools, including the analysis of e-commerce product and campaign performance (i.e. FB Ads Manager, Google Analytics, Shopify, Amazon, etc.)
- Passion for digging into qualitative and quantitative data and uncovering actionable insights.
- Strong work ethic with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive growth mindset.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Food/beverage experience preferred. Coffee experience is a plus.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.