Groundwork Coffee is seeking an HR Generalist to join our team. The position will responsible for all recruitment and benefits administration, as well assisting in additional HR processes and administrative tasks.
• Full-time, non-exempt, Monday - Friday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
• Recruitment from start to finish; from job postings through new hire orientation, this position is responsible for the majority of recruitment for the company;
• Benefits administration; Tracking and auditing of benefits enrollment; Enrolling employees in health insurance, 401(K), metro program etc.
• Responsible for completion and accuracy of all personnel files, including I-9's. Conducts audits as needed and/or directed;
• Assists with Employee Relations and terminations as needed or directed;
• Assists with employee questions and concerns;
• Assists in development and evaluation of reports for the department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in efficiency and services performed;
• Assists Senior HR staff with additional HR and/or administrative tasks as needed or directed.
• Minimum of two (2) years of Human Resources experience, specifically in recruitment;
• Knowledge of CA employment laws (Knowledge of OR employment laws a plus);
• Bachelor's degree (in Business Administration or Human Resources preferred);
• Sound judgment and problem-solving skills;
• High degree of personal initiative and achievement motivation, setting personal standards of excellence and ongoing performance improvement;
• Ability to work collaboratively and develop strong partnerships with clients and HR colleagues;
• Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines;
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required;
• Must have excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
• Food/beverage industry experience;
• Quick Books software experience;
• Payroll experience;
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.