Must have short order and sauté station expertise. Restaurant experience is required for this position. Duties will include, but not limited to; station set up, maintaining cleanliness, running food to the FOH, station break down, and dishwashing. Must be able to multi-task and be detailed orientated. Knowledge and experience with breakfast and lunch items, such as omelets, scrambles, breakfast burritos, and sandwiches is preferred. Must be have a food handler card from an accredited source.
Position Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Understands, reads, and executes the production schedule
- Supervise staff and delegate duties when necessary
- Ensures appropriate health and safety standards and Food Handler practices
- Equipment performance monitoring, may demonstrate use of new equipment
- Inventory management
- Ability to butcher meats from primal to usable portions with the highest yield possible
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items using standardized recipes for cooking in ovens, grills, pans and a variety of other kitchen equipment
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Prepares item for grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Completes required tasks within assigned time frames
- Performs related duties such as helping to wash dishes as needed, preparing recycling, cleaning around the establishment and help with any other projects as assigned by the Chef
- If a meal is returned for any reason, correct the problem and report the return to the Chef
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty
- Repetitive hand chopping, slicing, dicing, coring with knives and other hand tools for more than 30 minutes at a time
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Wrist and arm strength and dexterity for repetitive beating, shipping, mixing, and blending with hand tools for 15 minutes or longer
- Operating machinery including but not limited to; mixers, blenders, slicers, toasters, ovens, proofers, sandwich presses, and microwaves
- Other duties assigned by the Kitchen Manager or supervisor.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Includes long periods of standing while working with equipment.
- Kitchen-type, and small food-service retail environments: busy, tight quarters, often warm/hot.
- Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of 50 lbs. or less.
- Maintains a clean and organized department
- Achieves goals assigned by manger and utilizes staff and resources available
- Communicates needs of the department to the store manager
- Protects co-workers and customers by providing a safe and clean department
- Contributes to team effort through execution of program initiatives and ensures product knowledge
- Personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve
- Sets example through consistent performance and adherence to quality standards
- Actively engaged in developing product knowledge for self
- Team Work: Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve goals. Strong, positive, and constructive team player.
- Pressure: Ability to work effectively under pressure. Able to maintain focus when operating in a busy, distracting environment.
- Flexible/Adaptable: Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities, work environments, management styles. Able to deal skillfully and promptly to new situations, difficulties, etc.
- Receptive to Feedback: Ability to receive feedback and coaching from others on your performance, and use the feedback and coaching to learn and improve.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Open to change and learns quickly when facing new and unfamiliar tasks or challenges.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions, based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment that are perceived to be accurate when evaluated over time.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems, and looks beyond the obvious, not stopping at the first answers.
- Planning: Accurately scopes-out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, and can breakdown work into the process steps. Can anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks.
- Timely Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Conflict Management: Sees conflicts as opportunities and finds common ground and cooperation quickly and effectively. Effectively handles issues and/or complaints without escalating the situation.
- Approachability: Spends the extra effort to put others at-ease. Is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others.
- Understanding Others: Seeks to understand why groups do what they do. Picks-up on the sense of the group, in terms of positions, intentions, and needs, as well as what learning what they value and how to motivate them.
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please email your resume. Please include "Line Cook" in the subject of your email, as well as a brief summary of your experience with food or beverage sales to email@example.com.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.