Must have short order and sauté station expertise. Restaurant experience is required for this position. Duties will include, but not limited to; station set up, maintaining cleanliness, running food to the FOH, station break down, and dishwashing. Must be able to multi-task and be detailed orientated. Knowledge and experience with breakfast and lunch items, such as omelets, scrambles, breakfast burritos, and sandwiches is preferred.
• Full time, non-exempt, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Start Date: September 13, 2016
Rate of Pay:
• $12.00 per hour.
• Ensures appropriate health and safety standards and Food Handler practices
• Inventory management
• Ability to butcher meats from primal to usable portions with the highest yield possible
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items using standardized recipes for cooking in ovens, grills, pans and a variety of other kitchen equipment
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
• Prepares item for grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating
• Additional duties may include some Barista duties as needed
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• Ability to communicate in a clear verbal manner and hear conversations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to listen effectively.
Typical Working Conditions:
• Includes long periods of standing while working with equipment.
• Kitchen-type, and small food-service retail environments: busy, tight quarters, often warm/hot.
• Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of 50 lbs. or less.
• Repetitive hand chopping, slicing, dicing, coring with knives and other hand tools for more than 30 minutes at a time
• Wrist and arm strength and dexterity for repetitive beating, shipping, mixing, and blending with hand tools for 15 minutes or longer.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Barista- Venice (Boardwalk)”.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.