Location | Los Angeles
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire an energetic, dynamic, and highly self-motivated Operations Floater to join our growing team and provide coverage and support in the Delivery Driver, Production, and shipping departments as need arises. As a Groundwork Ops Floater you will wear many hats, working in a wide variety of area and gaining a well-rounded understanding of Operations as from production to shipping and distribution. If you love a great a cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and possess superior Customer Service & SAFE driving skills, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
F/T Schedule [Monday – Friday 2:30 PM – 11 PM]
- Assisting in various facets of operations including: Delivery Driver, Production, and Shipping
- Pay attention to detail, and the ability to follow special instructions in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently and stay focused to complete assigned work
- Follow all warehouse equipment and personal safety guidelines and regulations
- Work closely with customers to ensure their needs are met
- Drive vehicles to designated destinations for customer product deliveries
- Ensure timely pickup and delivery
- Load and unload products from delivery vehicles
- Provide exceptional customer service and address customer concerns as they occur
- Weighs, bags, grinds, labels, packs, and creates custom coffee and tea blends per customer request
- Maintains the cleanliness of each workstation
- Fill coffee/tea racks, ensuring freshness of coffee/tea. Return unused coffee to roasting, as directed
- Receives and unloads freight both manually and with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
- Checks for damaged goods; verifies quantity and quality of order; verifies items received with purchase order
- Wraps, packages, and ships orders
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or 1- 2 years equivalent applicable work experience
- Stand comfortably for 6 to 8 hours a day
- Thoroughness, high productivity standards, and attention to detail
- Superior SAFE driving skills and able to follow all driving & safety laws
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving history
- Be familiar with LA County
- Have a positive attitude with good customer service skills
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- Ability to communicate and interact well with other employees and our customers
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Multiple Health Plan Options: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.