We are looking for a full time (exempt) Operations Manager that will be responsible for providing effective professional, efficient, accurate, informative, and friendly support to our customers and staff by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company policies and procedures as well as partnering with multiple departments. The Operations Manager will plan, organize and monitor the receiving/shipping and wholesale production departments. The goal of the Operations Manager is to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
• Manage daily production requirements from the department that meet customer and company needs.
• Maintain department cleanliness by implementing a daily cleaning schedule.
• Ensure all department equipment is regularly maintained and calibrated. Respond to equipment issues in a timely manner.
• Administer health and safety guidelines, including proper functioning of all facility equipment.
• Provide timely feedback to Director of Operations regarding service failures or customer/prospect concerns.
• Oversee the wholesale Production and Shipping departments in close collaboration with Director of Operations.
• Seeks improvements and develops tools to enable, audit, and measure department(s) efficiency, productivity, quality, and growth.
• Provide effective ongoing coaching and training for product quality and consistency, employee performance and morale, and elevating department supervisors and shift leaders.
• Organize, develop and standardize department's administrative requirements, such as effective scheduling, budgeting, time clock management, general department reporting, and error tracking.
• Ensure coordination between all departments, such as but not limited to department needs, product needs, staffing needs, and corrective action (errors).
• Manage, elevate, audit and standardize each department's efficiency and quality control requirements.
• Maintain, elevate, and grow each department through effective leadership, initial and ongoing training for new and current employees, increasing morale, achieving and surpassing sales goals, and finding opportunities for growth.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Operations Management, or related field preferred.
• 5 or more years in operations, management of employee's and overseeing multiple departments is required.
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• Valid Driver's License and Motor Vehicle Record with no violations.
• Quick Books software experience preferred, but not required.
• Intermediate experience in Microsoft Word & Excel required.
• Ability to track and analyze productivity data required.
• Strategic thinking.
• Excellent time management and organizational ability.
• Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines.
• Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
• Full time, exempt (Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Typical Working Conditions:
• Warehouse/Production-type, small office environment (busy, conversationally noisy, tight quarters, sometimes stuffy, and dusty).
• Partially a walking job on uneven surfaces within the facility. Stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and occasional lifting of 25 to 60 lbs. with the assistance of tools.Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Barista- Venice (Boardwalk)”.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.