Delivery Driver (Part-Time)
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire a friendly, responsible, and tenaciously customer-centric Delivery Driver to join our growing team and jump-start their career. As a Groundwork Delivery Driver, you will use company vehicles to transport product to customers. The ideal candidate is one who has great customer service, superior driving skills, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. If you love a great a cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and are enthusiastic about Operations, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
P/T Schedule 6AM - 2:30PM, start times may vary as needed with occasional weekends and late nights into early mornings.
- Have a positive attitude with good customer service skills
- Be nice and have a presentable appearance
- Pay attention to detail, and the ability to follow special instructions in a fast-paced environment;
- Follow all warehouse equipment and personal safety guidelines and regulations;
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
MUST SUBMIT RECENT DRIVING RECORD AND RESUME IN RESPONSE
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving history
- Flexibility in your work schedule
- Positive attitude and good customer service skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to follow special instructions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and stay focused to complete assigned work
- Superior SAFE driving skills and an ability to follow driving & safety laws
- Familiar with LA County
- Ability to communicate and interact well with other employees and our customers
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Multiple Health Plan Options: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.