Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production.
Now, nearly 30 years later — thanks to the neighbors and friends we’ve been fortunate enough to serve — we have opened 14 cafés along the West Coast, we have two very busy roasteries in Los Angeles and Portland, and we produce a growing line of delicious cold brew coffees. We’ve also been profoundly lucky to see the development of dozens of new organic coffee farms around the world and are proud to continue sharing their exceptional coffees with you. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire a high-energy, efficient, and tenaciously thorough Packaging Assistant to join our growing team. As a Groundwork Packaging Assistant, you will be exposed to various facets of coffee roasting operations as you process and prepare packaging for shipment from within our Roastery. If you love a great cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and are enthusiastic about contributing to a team, then please apply today!
- Communicate with roasters to sustain bulk roast pars
- Blend, grind and stock bulk roasts
- Solo operation of the portion pack machine
- Restock supplies using pallet jack and forklift
- Print, label, stock, and maintain inventory of all packaging items
- Assure packaging meets quality standards before and after filling
- Make certain that supplies are well organized
- Ensure workstation is tidy and cleaned throughout the day
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse including but not limited to recycling and rubbish bins
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or 1- 2 years equivalent applicable work experience
- Stand/sit comfortably for 6 to 8 hours a day
- Thoroughness, high productivity standards, and attention to detail
- Barista experience a plus
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Multiple Health Plan Options: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized HOP Pass