We are looking for Part-time and Full-time Barista’s for multiple locations (Downtown, Traction, Hollywood, Santa Monica, and Venice, CA). The A Barista is knowledgeable in coffee, tea, and drink preparation. The job of the Barista involves efficient, fast, and quality service while providing products that meet our brand expectations. The Barista will accomplish this goal by offering support to co-workers and management staff as well as adhering to procedures that ensure excellence is achieved and maintained. ***Third wave coffee experience preferred***
Varies, Part-time and Full-time position (evenings and weekends required)
Rate of Pay:
Depending on experience.
• Consistently understands, reads, and executes recipe requirements correctly • Ensures appropriate health and safety standards, ServSafe practices
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of products at stations to assure a smooth service
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
• Opens and/or closes the location properly and follows the closing checklist
• Ability to learn and apply new knowledge or skills for your work. Willingness to strive for growth and improvement. Commitment to excel in your work.
• Valid ServSafe certification or equivalent Food Handlers card.
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Work cooperatively with co-workers, management, and shift leaders.
• Perform math computations (add, subtract, divide, and multiply).
• Ability to work and think independently, make quality decisions in the absence of a supervisor.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Typical Working Conditions:
• Includes long periods of standing while working with equipment.
• Busy, tight quarters, often warm/hot.
• Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of 50 lbs. or less.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Barista- Venice (Boardwalk)”.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.