We are looking for Part-time and Full-time Baristas for our NW Vaughn St. location. The applicant should be knowledgeable in coffee, tea, and drink preparation. The job involves efficient, fast, and quality service while providing products that meet our brand expectations. Groundwork baristas should accomplish this goal by offering support to co-workers and management staff as well as adhering to procedures that ensure excellence is achieved and maintained.
Third wave coffee experience preferred
• Varies, Part-time and Full-time position (evening and weekend availability required)
Rate of Pay:
• Depending on experience.
• Consistently understands, reads, and executes recipe requirements correctly
• Ensures appropriate health and safety standards
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of products at stations to assure a smooth service
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
• Opens and/or closes the location properly and follows the closing checklist
• Ability to learn and apply new knowledge or skills for your work. Willingness to strive for growth and improvement. Commitment to excel in your work.
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Work cooperatively with co-workers, management, and shift leaders.
• Perform math computations (add, subtract, divide, and multiply).
• Ability to work and think independently, make quality decisions in the absence of a supervisor.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Typical Working Conditions:
• Includes long periods of standing while working with equipment.
• Busy, tight quarters, often warm/hot.
• Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of 50 lbs. or less.
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please email your resume. Please include "Part time and Full-time Baristas (Oregon)" in the subject of your email, as well as a brief summary of your experience with food or beverage sales to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.