Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire a high-energy, efficient, and tenaciously thorough Production Assistant to join our growing team and jump-start their career. We are currently hiring an AM Production Assistant position. As a Groundwork Production Assistant, you will be exposed to various facets of coffee roasting operations as you process, pack, and prepare products for shipment from within our Roastery. If you love a great cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and are enthusiastic about contributing to a team, then please apply today!
AM Schedule: Monday - Friday, Approx. 6am - 2:30pm
PM Schedule: Monday - Friday, Approx. 2:30pm - 11pm
What You’ll Do:
- Weigh, bag, grind, label, pack, and create custom coffee and tea blends per customer request
- Maintain the cleanliness of each workstation
- Fill coffee/tea racks, ensuring freshness of coffee/tea
- Return unused coffee to roasting, as directed
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or 1- 2 years equivalent applicable work experience
- Stand comfortably for 6 to 8 hours a day
- Thoroughness, high productivity standards, and attention to detail
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Multiple Health Plan Options: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.