Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production.
Now, nearly 30 years later — thanks to the neighbors and friends we’ve been fortunate enough to serve — we have opened 10 cafés along the West Coast, we have two very busy roasteries in Los Angeles and Portland, and we produce a growing line of delicious cold brew coffees. We’ve also been profoundly lucky to see the development of dozens of new organic coffee farms around the world and are proud to continue sharing their exceptional coffees with you. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire a high-energy, efficient, and tenaciously thorough Production Associate to join our growing team and jump-start their career. As a Groundwork Production Assistant, you will be exposed to various facets of coffee roasting operations as you process, pack, and prepare products for shipment from within our Roastery. If you love a great cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and are enthusiastic about contributing to a team, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Weigh, bag, grind, label, pack, and create custom coffee and tea blends per customer request
- Maintain the cleanliness of each workstation
- Fill coffee/tea racks, ensuring freshness of coffee/tea
- Return unused coffee to roasting, as directed
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or 1- 2 years equivalent applicable work experience
- Stand comfortably for 6 to 8 hours a day
- Thoroughness, high productivity standards, and attention to detail
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Hop Pass