The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for performing purchasing and inventory-related duties at the direction of the Purchasing Manager. This position will work closely with the Purchasing Manager, as well as Accounts Payable, Operations, Marketing, Production, Sales, Customer Service, and outside vendors to ensure adequate stock of raw materials and finished goods. This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas: Purchasing, Inventory Control, Accounts Payable, Vendor Relations, and Operations.
- Issues Purchase Orders for assigned portfolio of items/vendors;
- Work with internal departments and vendors to fulfill purchase order requests;
- Purchase all office supplies for Wholesale and Retail;
- Obtain quotes for assigned products or services;
- Manage Vendor database in SAP;
- Ensure inventory items are being received properly and timely in SAP;
- Assist in physical inventory cycle counts;
- Reconcile and enter physical inventory adjustments in SAP;
- Assist with the development and implementation of Inventory Policies and Procedures;
- Work with Accounts Payable Coordinator to ensure prompt and accurate entry of all Accounts Payable invoices;
- Work with Accounting to ensure a proper month-end cut-off of invoices;
- Coordinate with Vendors to ensure balances and account statements are accurate;
- Assist Accounting with projects as needed;
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, deadline-driven atmosphere and be highly organized, able to multi-task, and have the capacity to work in a growing and evolving work environment.
- Must have strong and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proactive and possess strong time management skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, and Word). G Suite Experience a plus.
- Experience with inventory control concepts and ERP system (SAP Business One) a plus.
- Available to work overtime during week and weekend as needed.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Purchasing Assistant - Los Angeles”.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.