Regional Account Manager - Southwest
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles.
People always celebrate success at the finish line, but at Groundwork, we know good things come to those who put in the work. We understand the struggles, the effort, the failures, and the small wins and losses along the way. Because we live it every day.
When you love what you do, you don’t stop, no matter how hard it gets. People put in the work, and so do we.
We are excited to be expanding our growing grocery sales team with a new Regional Account Manager for the southwest region.
You are a talented candidate who has a tenacious attitude towards customer satisfaction and growth. In this role you would be responsible for the development and implementation of growth strategies and expansion in the grocery channel and the acceleration of Groundwork Coffee presence in the Southwest Region. In strong partnership with our leadership and marketing team this position will be responsible for the overall success of our key regional grocery partners. You will need to have intimate knowledge of grocery operations, promotional planning, DSD/distribution channels, and a proven track record of increasing sales with current and new accounts. If you love a great cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and are enthusiastic about not only sales, but also helping further a purpose driven Organic company, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Actively manage strategic accounts in the region including
- Cultivate in-store and headquarter relationships
- Develop and execute promotional calendars
- Identify and implement new grocery programs including but not limited to end caps, display racks, and coupons
- Take ownership of customers' issues and following problems through to resolution
- Distributors, brokers & merchandiser
- Set expectation and accountability for 3rd party merchandisers
- Cross Departmental communication and support
- Work with regional broker partners to ensure timely execution of initiatives and deliverables
- Assist in building and maintaining a positive, energetic culture
- Ensure inbound leads receive professional responses in a timely manner
Sales Performance and Analytics
- Be an expert on the health of your accounts
- Analyze sales performance regularly to identify timely identify areas of improvement and growth opportunities
- Identify accounts with declining sales, the reason and formulate solutions to remedy such issues
- Analyze weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales data in order to effectively schedule promotions, price reductions, and demonstrations
- Partner with senior grocery leadership to create sales forecast
- Vigilantly safeguard the brand integrity and product quality within grocery accounts
- Partner with Marketing team to ensure accounts receive applicable sales collateral they need to represent Groundwork
- Assist with grocery and marketing events as directed
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- Proven experience (2-4 year) as an account manager or equivalent position. CPG experience required
- Excellent organizational, leadership abilities, outstanding oral & written communication and people skills
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Comfortability with MS Office, Google Workplace and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Daily travel throughout southern California, primarily the Los Angeles metro and periodic travel throughout the west coast region (3-7 days/mo.) is required.
- Must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds
- Can-do attitude and good sense of humor
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.