Regional Sales Manager, Food Service
Location | North Hollywood HQ
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production.
Now, nearly 30 years later — thanks to the neighbors and friends we’ve been fortunate enough to serve — we have opened 14 cafés along the West Coast, we have two very busy roasteries in Los Angeles and Portland, and we produce a growing line of delicious cold brew coffees. We’ve also been profoundly lucky to see the development of dozens of new organic coffee farms around the world and are proud to continue sharing their exceptional coffees with you. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire an energetic, talented, and tenaciously customer-centric Regional Sales Manager –On Premise to join our growing team! The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of growth strategies and expansion in the Food Service Channel and the acceleration of Groundwork Coffee presence in the Western Region. As the voice of the customer and marketplace and in strong partnership with Sales and Marketing, the RSM will play a pivotal role in diversifying Groundwork Coffee market visibility through new segments and channels. If you love a great cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and are enthusiastic about sales, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Create market segmentation and channel management strategy, resulting in increased brand awareness and new customer acquisition;
- Build and maintain close, trusting relationships with accounts, team members and facilitate open communication;
- Build and maintain positive, professional relationships with our customers;
- Oversee and manage a team of Sales Representatives and Distributors;
- Be knowledgeable in all aspects of our sales and customer service policies, objectives, and initiatives;
- Build, train, and develop a world class sales team;
- Improve customer service experience by taking ownership of customers' issues and following problems through to resolution;
- Assist in building and maintaining a positive, energetic culture;
What It Takes To Work Here:
- Degree in Business Administration or related field;
- 5+ years of Sales Management experience;
- 5+ years of Food Service experience
- Coffee sales experience in the On Premise channel and with Distributors
- Familiarity with CRM program
- Must be highly-skilled in planning, organizing, prioritizing, delegating, and supervising;
- Ability to think strategically and lead a team to success;
- Outstanding oral and written communication and people skills;
- Can-do attitude and good sense of humor
- Passionate, well organized and tenacious
- Creative and strategic thinker with strong opinions
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies;
- Thrives in entrepreneurial environment - can be scrappy, creative and resourceful while also building structure and process.
- Does not accept “no”. Excels at problem solving and finding win-win solutions for everyone.
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.