Reporting to the Director of Retail Operations, the Retail Operations Manager ensures that Groundwork's operating principles are understood, embraced, and modeled by all team members. A Groundwork Retail Operations Manager drives for results, continuously seeking improvements to enable store and company growth. Retail Operations Managers are inspirational leaders at Groundwork that expand and deepen passion by building strong store teams, ensuring the highest quality standard of product and excellent customer service. A Groundwork Retail Operations Manager also skillfully and warmly engages customers, ensuring their satisfaction and loyalty. In addition to ensuring that all team members contribute regularly towards maintaining a clean and organized store environment, the Retail Operations Manager also bears the ultimate responsibility for the appearance and functioning of their store.
Day-to-day operations of cafes including, but not limited to:
- Clean and Organized Stores;
- Product quality;
- Well maintained equipment and communication with facilities department;
- Service and Deployment;
- Works at stores in emergency situations.
Training and Coordination Core Classes:
- Oversees efficacy of retail educator;
- Responsible for training attainment in stores in conjunction with retail educator;
- Develops new classes as needed in conjunction with retail educator;
- Work with Learning & Development to ensure that training, coaching and development of staff and assistant manager are consistent and meet standards;
- Ensure that training leaders are identified and certified for each area of the business.
Operations Point-Of-Contact for Licensee Stores:
- Assists with communication and rollouts;
- Evaluates quality, service, and makes recommendations through monthly audits;
- Ensure the accuracy, completion and reconciliation of all financial transactions and operation of point-of-sale terminals according to the Cash Handling Guidelines.
Actively Attends Retail Planning Meetings Including:
- Retail management meeting;
- Senior management in absence of Director of Retail;
- Partner Meeting following retail meeting in absence of Director of Retail;
- Meets with department heads weekly in absence of Director of Retail;
- Monthly store managers meeting;
- Weekly training meeting.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Recognize and reward positive performance and accomplishments;
- Recognize and respond to performance issues, with honest and direct communication, enforcing Groundwork’s disciplinary guidelines;
- Conduct terminations including all necessary documentation after consulting with director of retail and human resources;
- Execute timely performance and pay reviews, gaining commitment to performance goals;
- Conduct ongoing recruiting and hiring of high quality team members.
- 5-10 years in a Retail Operations Manager position;
- Food/beverage experience;
- Hard-working, self-motivated, friendly and passionate; comfortable juggling multiple deadlines and priorities simultaneously;
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be skilled in developing and maintaining effective relationships with partners, staff, and customers;
- Ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment;
- Ability to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects and can break down work into the process steps. Can anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks;
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, even under tight deadlines;
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings. Commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation;
- Must be highly-skilled in planning, organizing, prioritizing, delegating, and supervising
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please email your resume. Please include "Retail Operations Manager (Los Angeles)" in the subject of your email, as well as a brief summary of your experience with food or beverage sales to email@example.com.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.