Sales Administrator (Grocery)
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production.
Now, nearly 30 years later — thanks to the neighbors and friends we’ve been fortunate enough to serve — we have opened 10 cafés along the West Coast, we have two very busy roasteries in Los Angeles and Portland, and we produce a growing line of delicious cold brew coffees. We’ve also been profoundly lucky to see the development of dozens of new organic coffee farms around the world and are proud to continue sharing their exceptional coffees with you. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented, adaptable and people-centric Sales Admin to join our growing team! The Sales Admin manages critical responsibilities associated with Groundwork’s Grocery sales team, customers, distribution and merchandising partners. The position responds to a plethora of urgent and important tasks, including but not limited to verification of customer information, issuing invoices as needed, relaying order instructions, and completing monthly sales reports. If you love a great cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and are looking to jumpstart your career, then please apply today!
Preference Portland, Oregon or Los Angeles, California
What You’ll Do:
- Receiving and processing purchase orders.
- Issuing sales transaction invoices.
- Verifying orders, including customers' business information and payment details.
- Contacting customers by phone or email to answer queries and obtain missing information.
- Improve customer service experience by taking ownership of customer’s issues (when necessary) and always following problems through to resolution
- Maintaining and updating sales and customer records.
- Compiling monthly sales reports.
- Expediting orders through Groundwork Customer Service.
- Directing feedback from customers to relevant departments.
- Identifying new products to add to those on offer.
- New item setup and maintaining correct data and images on all customer portals.
- Submitting monthly promotions within each customer's specific guidelines.
- Manage and approve daily purchase orders.
- Be knowledgeable in all aspects of our sales and customer service policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Assist in building and maintaining a positive, energetic culture.
- Cultivate an environment of excellence based on outstanding execution of Groundwork ambassador responsibilities.
- Supporting the sales department with other administrative tasks, if requested.
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or similar preferred.
- Previous experience in sales administration, or a similar role preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative recordkeeping.
- Familiarity with sales reports and sales records.
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun office environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Multiple Health Plan Options: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro or HOP Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.