Sales Manager, Food Service (Portland)
Author | groundwork coffee Date | October 26, 2018
For more than 25 years, Groundwork has been a homegrown coffee and tea destination, handcrafting delicious drinks from the finest ingredients. Our borderline-obsessive commitment to each cup and every customer — in warm, inviting cafés that capture the flavor of their neighborhoods — is a fundamental part of our story. Come to think of it, it is our story.
Groundwork rose from the sands of Venice Beach, CA, as a single coffee and tea shop (complete with a custom-built, small-batch roaster) that also sold rare and used books. Local demand soon became so great, we began roasting 24/7 and, wisely, got out of the book business.
Flash-forward a few years: Our single-roaster operation morphed into one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in California and, now, a certified organic roaster in Portland. Our sustainable, relationship-based, organic coffee sourcing set an industry standard, as did our solar-powered, low-emissions roasting technology. Today, we have multiple café locations around L.A. and in Portland, and distribute our coffees and teas throughout the U.S.
We are looking to hire an energetic, self-motivated, and tenaciously customer-centric Sales Manager to maintain and manage existing accounts, develop a target list and contact new accounts, create new sales opportunities, and effectively communicate our product offerings to current and potential customers in the Food Service Channel within the Pacific Northwest region.
Based from home, you’ll wear many hats and be exposed to various facets of the coffee business from sourcing and production to retail and wholesale distribution. Additionally, this position will manage two Field Service Sales Representatives in the territory.
If you possess cold-calling experience with superior closing skills, know how to manage people and build a team environment, and if you love a great a cup of coffee (or tea), then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Seek, initiate and qualify new sales opportunities within assigned region
- Seek and initiate “upsell” opportunities in all accounts
- Generate and analyze sales/movement data, report findings to sales manager
- Develop Key Account target list for continued Regional growth
- Meet weekly with your sales team
- Create short- and long-term goals for each sales representative
- Create and analyze reports relevant to department goals
- Achieve forecasted sales by following your written plan of action
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- Food service sales experience required
- Coffee and Coffee equipment experience required
- Strong understanding of customers, customer service, and industry trends
- Ability to complete individual goals, work both independently and within a team environment, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, CRM Software and/or similar systems
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Sales Manager - Portland”.
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.