Candidates interested in entry-level marketing, entry-level promotions, entry-level product advertising, entry-level sales and entry-level product demonstrations are urged to apply.
• Maintain and replenish products in store racks, shelves, displays, and coolers by transporting product between backroom/storage room to front-of-store
• Building, changing and removing product displays; maintaining product signage; cleaning product space and securing damaged or defective product
• Manage backroom by organizing stock (product); identifying, monitoring, and reporting inventory levels; evaluating and processing damaged product; re-packing product; organizing backroom materials; completing any required paperwork
• Follow all Company and Store policies regarding backroom, display floor, replenishment, equipment, and safety
• Act as an Ambassador by providing customer service to consumers and store personnel by answering questions, locating product, and providing assistance as needed
• Brand awareness, positive product impressions and increased sales through customer engagement and effective communication of brand talking points.
• Repetitively lift, carry, and position product (weighing up to 40 lbs) above shoulder height without assistance
• Consistent kneeling, squatting and reaching above the head
• Ability to repetitively grasp and manipulate objects of varying size and weight requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
• Ability to read information in small, medium, and large print
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Check dates and rotate product. Pull any expired or damaged product for credit and follow credit procedures per location. Place new product in the back, oldest product to the front.
• Check that product is all tagged, priced correctly (note whether or not it should be on sale), and lined up to the proper tag.
• Count all SKUs for inventory and make recommendations for purchases based on stock and products approved for purchase.
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• High School Diploma
• Ability to communicate in a clear verbal manner and hear conversations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to listen effectively.
• Experience working with planograms
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills
• Must have a personal vehicle for use during working hours
• A clean driving record and valid CA driver's license
• Must have current vehicle liability insurance
• 1 year experience working in grocery, retail, warehousing, or related field, preferred, preferred 1 year experience working under little or no supervision
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please email your resume. Please include "Sales Merchandiser (Los Angeles)" in the subject of your email, as well as a brief summary of your experience with food or beverage sales to email@example.com.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.