The Service Technician must be able to perform the following tasks, including but not limited to; Repair and maintenance of all coffee and espresso related equipment, light plumbing, and minor electrical. Must have skills and knowledge of water filtration standards, repair and maintenance, and espresso machine repair. Required to be familiar with and use hand tools and power tools common to the skills listed and be well versed in the disciplines mentioned above. Additionally, the Service Technician must be able to read and interpret drawings, sketches, O.E.M. instructions and specifications.
• Troubleshoot, repair, maintain and exchange equipment as needed.
• Uses hand tools to work with equipment in the field.
• Insure the completion of all work assigned is in accordance with customer and company requirements.
• Insure strong customer loyalty through professional and reliable service.
• Complete accurate inspections, service and maintenance of equipment in order to maintain equipment operation and extend equipment life.
• Complete preventive maintenance tasks as established by the manufactures.
• Maintains a clean and organized work environment
• Responsible for attending to facilities issues in a timely manner
• Uses time effectively and efficiently and completes all tasks delegated
• Ensures quality beverages and brewed coffee through proper calibration of equipment and water quality
• Communicates needs of service manager to the director of retail operations
• Communicates scheduling needs to the director of operations or service manager in a timely manner
• Place special orders or calls other vendors to find desired parts/ item
• Identifies and communicates root causes of equipment issues to store teams and director of retail operations
• Answer questions regarding the store and its equipment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum two (2) years' experience in a similar or related field.
• Ability to work on commercial espresso, coffee brewing, coffee grinding and water systems.
• Valid CA Driver's License and clean driving record.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., without assistance.
• Experience with beverage brewing systems is preferred.
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret manuals.
• Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
• Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
• HVAC experience is a plus
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Barista- Venice (Boardwalk)”.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.