We are looking for Shift Lead at our Venice, CA location. The Shift Lead performs the job responsibilities of the Retail Sales and Barista positions. Acts with customers in mind and uses first-hand customer information for improvements. Builds effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Takes an active role in creating and maintaining a positive store environment. Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Uses time effectively and efficiently and prioritizes tasks at hand. Constantly and consistently meets and exceeds goals and pushes self and others for best results.
***Third wave coffee experience preferred***
Varies, Part-time and Full-time position evening and weekend shifts
Rate of Pay:
Depending on experience
• Consistently understands, reads, and executes recipe requirements correctly
• Ensures appropriate health and safety standards, ServSafe practices
• Maintains a clean and organized store environment
• Maintains accurate cash handling and follows proper procedure for securing store funds
• Responsible for opening and closing the store
• Manages and maintains shift changes and daily tasks through use of the shift planner
• Communicates needs of customers and store to the store manager
• Ensures availability of merchandise and services by communicating with the store manager
• Identifies current and future customer needs by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers
• Provides coaching and feedback in the moment when the opportunity arises • Actively engaged in developing product knowledge for self and overall store through tastings
• Ability to learn and apply new knowledge or skills for your work. Willingness to strive for growth and improvement. Commitment to excel in your work.
• Valid ServSafe certification or equivalent Food Handlers card.
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Work cooperatively with co-workers, management, and shift leaders.
• Perform math computations (add, subtract, divide, and multiply).
• Ability to work and think independently, make quality decisions in the absence of a supervisor.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Typical Working Conditions:
• Includes long periods of standing while working with equipment.
• Busy, tight quarters, often warm/hot.
• Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of 50 lbs. or less.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Barista- Venice (Boardwalk)”.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.