We are currently looking to hire candidates for the position of Shift Lead for the following locations:
- Santa Monica
Performs all of the job responsibilities of the Retail Sales and Barista positions with the following responsibilities: Acts with customers in mind and uses first-hand customer information for improvements. Builds effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Takes an active role in creating and maintaining a positive store environment. Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Uses time effectively and efficiently and prioritizes tasks at hand. Constantly and consistently meets and exceeds goals and pushes self and others for best results.
- Maintains a clean and organized store environment;
- Maintains accurate cash handling and follows proper procedure for securing store funds;
- Responsible for opening and closing the store and following the closing checklist;
- Maintains a minimum availability of 30 hours and communicates scheduling needs to store manager in a timely manner;
- Manages and maintains shift changes and daily tasks through use of the shift planner;
- Achieves goals assigned by manager and utilizes staff and resources available;
- Communicates needs of customers and store to the store manager;
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by communicating with the store manager;
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment;
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures;
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements;
- Identifies current and future customer needs by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers;
- Provides coaching and feedback in the moment when the opportunity arises;
- Contributes to team effort through execution of program initiatives and ensures product knowledge of staff;
- Personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve;
- Sets example of staff through consistent performance and adherence to quality standards;
- Actively engaged in developing product knowledge for self and overall store through tastings;
- Barista experience;
- Valid ServSafe or Food Handlers certification;
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions;
- Math skills (add, subtract, divide, and multiply);
- Ability to work and think independently, make quality decisions in the absence of a supervisor;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Shift Lead- Santa Monica (Pico)”.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.