Shipping and Fulfillment Associate
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production.
Now, nearly 30 years later — thanks to the neighbors and friends we’ve been fortunate enough to serve — we have opened 10 cafés along the West Coast, we have two very busy roasteries in Los Angeles and Portland, and we produce a growing line of delicious cold brew coffees. We’ve also been profoundly lucky to see the development of dozens of new organic coffee farms around the world and are proud to continue sharing their exceptional coffees with you. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire a reliable, adaptable, and collaborative Shipping Associateto join our growing team and jump-start their career. You’ll wear many hats and be exposed to various facets of the coffee business from sourcing and production to retail and wholesale distribution. If you love a great cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment, and are enthusiastic about a career in operations and logistics, then please apply today!
Tentatively 8 hours on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Creating invoices from sales orders
- Audit sales orders
- Contact customers for COD reminders
- Create invoices
- Audit invoice information
- Monitor Returns and Create Back Orders
- Audit and process product returns
- Create credit memos for returned items
- Process back orders for previously out of stock items
- Process UPS Orders
- Process and audit Amazon orders
- Process internal delivery orders
- Dispatch internal delivery orders
- Audit/Update customer delivery information
- Verify current customer address, payment terms, ship via, and ship to
- Customer Service
- Problem solve in regards to discrepancies with products and/or issues with shipping
- Drive for Dispatch when needed
WHAT IT TAKES TO ROCK THIS ROLE:
- At least one year in the customer service industry
- Efficient with SAP Business One Software
- Experience with shipping and tracking programs
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Computer proficiency
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you'll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun office environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Multiple Health Plan Options: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.