Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
Reporting to the Director of Retail, the Store Manager ensures that Groundwork’s Retail Operating Philosophy is understood, embraced, and modeled by all team members as a means of strengthening our core values. Additionally, the Store Manager drives for results; continuously seeking improvements to enable store, and company growth. Store managers are inspirational leaders at Groundwork. They expand and deepen passion by building strong and well developed store teams, ensuring unequaled quality, engaging customers, running clean and organized stores, driving speed of service and conducting themselves within the ethical, legal, and moral boundaries consistent with Groundwork’s values.
- Consistent involvement and delivery of the highest quality coffees, teas, beverages and baked goods in accordance with Groundwork’s distinguishing quality standards;
- Provide ongoing coaching and training on product freshness and quality and ensure that it is a priority for store team;
- Enable the Floor Leader to control product freshness and quality, acts as a role model for proper adherence to Groundwork’s standards;
- Administer health and safety guidelines, including proper functioning of all store equipment.
- Ensure all store equipment is regularly maintained and calibrated. Respond to equipment issues in a timely fashion;
- Demonstrate that customers come first by serving them with a sense of urgency. Ensure customers know they are welcomed and appreciated; understand what they want and help them with what they need;
- Lead team in serving customers as a priority above other tasks in the store and ensure that customer orders are completed with a sense of urgency;
- Lead staff in building their expertise of coffees, teas and merchandise so that they may accurately answer customer questions and make personal recommendations.
- Plan and execute the scheduling and deployment of staff to ensure that all team members work effectively together to provide superior customer service;
- Ensure that store cleanliness and organization are a priority for store team and that standards for cleanliness and organization are met;
- Lead team in keeping proper stock levels in place and performing regular inventories;
- Implement community and store events through proper planning and scheduling.
- Recognize and reward positive performance and accomplishments.
- Recognize and respond to performance issues, with honest and direct communication, enforcing Groundwork’s disciplinary guidelines.
- Conduct terminations including all necessary documentation after consulting with director of retail and human resources.
- Execute timely performance and pay reviews, gaining commitment to performance goals.
- Adhere to and enforce Employee Guidelines and follow procedures according to the Retail Operations Manual.
- Conduct ongoing recruiting and hiring of high quality team members.
- Work with Learning & Development to ensure that training, coaching and development of staff and assistant manager are consistent and meet standards.
- Ensure the accuracy, completion and reconciliation of all financial transactions and operation of point-of-sale terminals according to the Cash Handling Guidelines.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Demonstrated ability to sell and increase sales in a retail environment;
- Ability to create a positive work environment and demonstrate excellent customer service;
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work with a sense of urgency;
- Ability to communicate effectively under pressure;
- Ability to lead teams and effectively delegate;
- 2-5 years of Store Management experience. Food/beverage experience preferred;
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please email your resume. Please include "Store Manager (Portland)" in the subject of your email, as well as a brief summary of your experience with food or beverage sales to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.