Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire an energetic, professional, and tenaciously customer-centric Territory Manager to join our growing team and oversee the Orange County area to achieve volume, market share, consumer trial and brand equity in that region. If you love a great a cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and are enthusiastic about sales, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Craft a phenomenal first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a best-in-class customer service experience
- Develop and implement a sales strategy based on go-to-market and wholesale partnership principles to generate sales leads for assigned market
- Partner with VP of Sales to build annual marketing strategy
- Actively manage short-and-long term leads from all sources to qualify prospects and advance them through the Groundwork Sales cycle and maintain sales pipeline
- Act as the face of Groundwork, developing a firm understanding of products offered and conveying a sense of expertise in our coffees, teas and other services as you serve as a key educator to our community and business accounts
- Work closely with Distribution partners to grow revenue and volume
- Perform market assessments, competitor analyses, pricing strategies to maximize sales potential with new and existing customers
- Perform general administrative tasks such as developing and implementing contract processes, preparing reports, and assisting with the collection of all past due amounts from your accounts
- Present regular recaps of account visits, call frequency, and business transactions to Wholesale leadership team
- Crush targeted monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue and sales goals
- Support customers, our community and fellow co-workers while furthering the Company’s vision and mission
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- 4+ years equivalent sales experience. Food and Beverage Industry required
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Desire to educate others about our coffees and espresso methods
- Must be able to work professionally with diverse individuals and environments
- Must possess specialty coffee knowledge
- Basic technical aptitude or willingness to learn equipment details
- Must have reliable transportation and valid CA driver’s license with clean driving record
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to communicate in a style that is likeable, relatable, and persuasive
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Territory Manager - Orange County/San Diego”.