Territory Sales Manager
Location | Denver, Colorado
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire a high-energy, self-motivated, and tenaciously customer-centric Territory Sales Manager to join our growing team, maintain and manage existing and new accounts, create new sales opportunities, and provide effective communication to current and potential customers regarding product in both the Food Service and Grocery Channels. This full-time position is home-based and requires food and beverage experience, with coffee experience preferred. The ideal candidate possesses cold-calling experience with a proven ability to create a benefit for change, and strong closing skills. If you love a great a cup of coffee (or tea), embody a positive attitude, and are enthusiastic about sales, then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Craft a phenomenal first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a best-in-class customer service experience
- Seek, initiate and qualify new sales opportunities within assigned region;
- Seek and initiate “upsell” opportunities in all accounts;
- Generate and analyze sales/movement data, report findings to sales manager.
- Develop Key Account target list for continued regional growth.
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- Grocery sales experience required;
- Food service sales experience desired;
- Preferred experience in a coffee beverage company;
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee, preferred experience in a coffee beverage company;
- Desire to educate others about our coffees and espresso methods
- Strong understanding of customers, customer service, and industry trneds;
- Ability to complete individual goals, work both independently and within a team environment, and have strong interpersonal skills;
- Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, CRM Software and/or similar systems.
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to communicate in a style that is likeable, relatable, and persuasive
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.