Sales Manager - Food Service
Location | Bay Area
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
We are looking to hire an energetic, self-motivated, and tenaciously customer-centric Territory Sales Manager to manage existing and new accounts, create new sales opportunities, and effectively communicate our product offerings to current and potential customers in both the Food Service and Grocery Channels within the San Francisco Bay Area. If you possess food and beverage experience, superior closing skills, and if you love a great a cup of coffee (or tea), then please apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Craft a phenomenal first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a best-in-class customer service experience
- Cold call target prospects to demonstrate product features and benefits
- Seek, initiate and qualify new sales opportunities within assigned region
- Seek and initiate “upsell” opportunities in all accounts
- Generate and analyze sales/movement data, and report findings to sales manager
- Develop Key Account target list for continued Regional growth
What It Takes To Rock This Role:
- Food service sales experience
- Preferred experience in a coffee beverage company
- Strong understanding of customers, customer service, and industry trends
- Ability to complete individual goals, work both independently and within a team environment, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, CRM Software and/or similar systems
We strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked, and to produce the best coffee our customers have ever sipped. As a part of our team, you’ll be working with people who are down-to-earth, friendly, and passionate in a casual, caffeinated, and fun environment.
*Benefits are offered to eligible employees and are subject to change.
- Free Coffee to Take Home: 1 pound Bulk Coffee or ¼ Pound Loose Leaf Tea every week
- Free Coffee in the Office: Nitro & Cold Brew on Tap, Espresso Machine, Brewed Batches, etc.
- Employee Discount Program: Discounts on Food, Beverage, & Merchandise
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Including Sick Hours, Vacation, and Holidays
- Commuter Program: Substantially Subsidized Metro Pass
- 401(k): To Invest in Your Future!
Groundwork is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Sales Manager, Food Service - Bay Area”.