We are currently looking to hire a career-minded candidate for the position of Territory Sales Representative (Food Service).
The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with the customers on behalf of the company and for actively prospecting for new accounts and maximizing sales potential with existing customers.
As the Territory Sales Representative, you are the primary external representative of our organization; you must convey a sense of expertise in our coffees, teas and other services, as you serve as a key educator to our community and business accounts.
The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining and managing existing and new accounts, creating new sales opportunities, and providing effective communication to current and potential customers regarding product in the Food Service channel. This position is home based.
This full-time position requires food and beverage experience, with coffee experience preferred. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, high-energy individual, possessing cold-calling experience with a proven ability to create a benefit for change, and strong closing skills.
- Seek, initiate and qualify new sales opportunities within assigned territory;
- Seek and initiate “upsell” opportunities in all accounts;
- Generate and analyze sales/movement data, report findings to sales manager.
- Develop sales lead sheet to ensure growth
- 4+ years equivalent sales experience. Food and Beverage Industry required.
- Food service sales experience required;
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee.
- Desire to educate others about our coffees and espresso methods.
- Must be able to work professionally with diverse individuals and environments.
- Must possess specialty coffee knowledge.
- Basic technical aptitude or willingness to learn equipment details.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid OR driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must be a self-starter
- Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, CRM Software and/or similar systems;
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Territory Sales Representative - Portland”.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.