We are currently looking to hire a VP of Operations with extensive manufacturing and wholesale experience in a high growth Coffee (food and beverage) company. The ideal candidate must have strong experience in manufacturing and operations, including, but not limited to brewing and roasting. This person will need strong people management skills and strong administrative skills for auditing, reporting and production organization and projections. This individual will be responsible for leading daily manufacturing operations for both our Los Angeles, CA and our Portland, OR locations.
- Leads daily manufacturing operations for both our Los Angeles, CA and our Portland, OR locations in wholesale and manufacturing production including brewing and roasting.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality;
- Ensures better management reporting, information flow, business processes and organizational planning;
- Evaluates the results of overall operations across all internal/external departments regularly and systematically, and reports these findings to the company partners;
- Improves internal systems, processes and policies in support and consistent with broader policies and initiatives of the Company partners and ensure their adequate execution on the day-to-day;
- Identifies best practices within all departments of the company, ensure overall continuity of all inter-department functionalities and improve internal systems with an eye towards the future needs of the company as a whole and within the realm of budget realities;
- Works alongside Senior Management on development and preparation of short-term and long-term budget plans based on the company’s goals and objectives;
- Identifies new business initiatives across all departments;
- Maintains close, trusting relationships with subordinates, and facilitate open communication between the company’s departments;
- Maintains operational standards for cost control, waste reduction, and compliance with food safety certifications;
- Plans, executes, and enhances profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout the company’s operations;
- Analyzes and approves plans to control budget spending, labor efficiency, and material efficiency;
- Reviews performance against operating plans, analyze market conditions and approve changes in plan directions;
- Extensive manufacturing and wholesale experience in a high growth coffee company;
- Strong knowledge in manufacturing operations in the areas of brewing and roasting;
- Strong people management skills;
- Strong administrative skills for auditing, reporting and production organization and projections;
- Must be extremely well-informed about the food/beverage industry, both on a national scale and also for the individual regions under his or her charge;
- Hard-working, self-motivated, friendly and passionate; comfortable juggling multiple deadlines and priorities simultaneously;
- Must be skilled in developing and maintaining effective relationships with partners, staff, and customers;
- Must be highly-skilled in planning, organizing, prioritizing, delegating, and supervising;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Ability to think strategically and lead a team to success;
- Proven ability in exercising initiative, judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making;
- The ability to organize and drive projects to timely completion;
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies;
- Ability to produce accurate growth assessing records;
- Food/beverage (Coffee) experience;
- College degree in Business Administration or related field;
- 5-7 years in a Director level or 2-5 years in a VP level manufacturing operations position.
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please email your resume. Please include "VP of Operations (Los Angeles)" in the subject of your email, as well as a brief summary of your experience with food or beverage sales to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.