We are looking for a full time Production Manager at our roasting facility in Portland. This individual will be responsible for managing the flow of production on a day to day basis, including procurement and fulfillment, as well as heading up the roasting of the coffee. This individual will manage a team of production associates/roaster apprentices. The Production Manager must be experienced in managing the workflow in a manufacturing environment. There is a high level of responsibility in maintaining communications between the coffee roaster, packaging operators, shipping and customer service.
This individual must be coffee driven with both a passion and an extensive knowledge about coffee, its origins, preparation, and quality control measures. The ideal candidate has an extensive background in manufacturing/warehousing with a working knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control. This individual must be a proven leader with the flexibility to work long hours, nights, and weekends when necessary. The ideal candidate also will possess basic "handy man" skills and works quickly with a sense of urgency.
General responsibilities include:
• Responsible for working with Production team members to ensure that all daily orders are filled, packed, and shipped in an accurate and efficient manner.
• Inventory Management and vendor relations, including PO generation and Receipt of Goods.
• Accomplishes warehouse operations human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
• Receiving and scheduling POs for production and coordinating shipments.
• Shipping and receiving for both small parcel (UPS), palletized shipments (LTL), and small parcel shipments bound for residential locations.
• Reconciling daily roast requirements and orders across multiple software platforms--and noting special requests in comments--and pushing appropriate late orders through the system.
• Production equipment maintenance including coffee roasters, net weighers, bag sealers, carton sealers, air compressor, etc.
• Facility maintenance including cleaning crew oversight, consumables maintenance, and general upkeep.
• Minimum of 3+ years of relevant coffee professional experience preferred.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to be a strong leader and delegate tasks appropriately.
• Ability to stand or walk 8 hours per day.
• Ability to lift up to 75lbs. many times throughout the day.
• Communicate effectively with coworkers, vendors, and customers.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
*Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line as well as the location(s). For example, “Subject: Barista- Venice (Boardwalk)”.
Groundwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.