HOW TO: POPSICLES THAT POP!
Summer may be a couple months away, but that doesn't mean we can't channel the relaxing vibes and energy of endless sunshine. To get in the spirit, we're sharing our recipes for coffee and tea inspired popsicles. Freeze a batch to enjoy outside or throw on your favorite blissful tunes and indulge in your living room for a refreshing treat.
Say hello to Groundwork’s very own Mint Chocolate Toddy Pops! Rich dark chocolate and refreshing mint combine with Groundwork cold brew for a unique frozen treat.
- Dark chocolate with a high cacao percentage (aim for 70% or 80% cacao)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Groundwork Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- Filtered water
- Almond milk
How to make it:
- Create simple syrup by mixing sugar with just enough hot water to completely dissolve all the sugar.
- Mix 2 parts cold brew concentrate with 1 part almond milk, 1 part water, and 1 part simple syrup.
- Pour about 3/4 inch of the toddy mixture into each popsicle mold. Insert sticks and let freeze.
- Reserve the rest of the mixture for later.
- Finely chop the chocolate until it is the texture of coarse bread crumbs.
- Finely chop the mint.
- Mix together the chopped mint and chocolate.
- Remove the tray of popsicle molds from the freezer. Sprinkle 1/2 inch of the mint/chocolate mixture into each mold. Take your cold brew mixture and pour just enough of the liquid to cover most of the mint/chocolate. Put back into the freezer.
- Continue adding alternating stripes of the toddy mixture and the chocolate mint mixture until you reach the top of each popsicle mold.
- Once completed, run warm water on the outside of the molds to help release the popsicles. Then serve!
Who says tea is just for cold winter days? This sweet treat combines the fruity flavors of our mango iced tea with berries and citrus. You'll be snacking on these all year.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp Mango Flip Tea blend
- 3 tbsp agave (or simple syrup)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
How to make it:
- Add lime zest to water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and steep tea in water for five minutes.
- Stir in agave.
- While tea is steeping, add berries to popsicle molds.
- After five minutes pour tea into molds (or ice cube trays!)
- Freeze for at least five hours and enjoy!