Golden Ticket Official Rules
GROUNDWORK COFFEE GOLDEN TICKET SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES BY BINDING ARBITRATION AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 11 BELOW.
- ELIGIBILITY: The above-titled sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent, legal residents of fifty (50) of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older), as of NOVEMBER 5, 2019, with access to the Internet at all times during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below). All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. All employees of GROUNDWORK COFFEE COMPANY (“Sponsor”) and all associated agencies and each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, prize providers or agents (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), and all of their respective officers, directors and employees and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, your consent to receive e-mail messages from Sponsor solely in connection with the Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes Entry period will start at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on NOVEMBER 5, 2019 and end December 31, 2019 and/or WHEN ALL THREE GOLDEN TICKETS HAVE BEEN CLAIMED (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”). The Sweepstakes Winners will be chosen through random SELECTION HAVING PURCHASED GROUNDWORK COFFEE SILVER AND GOLD BLEND AND DISCOVERED A VALID GOLDEN TICKET INSIDE. SPONSOR SHALL CONFIRM ELIGIBILITY OF THE TICKET WITH EACH INDIVIDUAL WINNER. For the purpose of this Sweepstakes, a day (“Day”) is defined as 12:00 a.m. PT to 11:59 p.m. PT on the same calendar date. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
- PRIZE: Three (3) grand prizes (“Grand Prize” or “Prize”) will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Each Grand Prize shall only be awarded in its entirety and shall consist of one (1) Coffee for a year (2 bags per month for 12 months), one (1) Bonavita Electric Kettle, one (1) Chemex 8-cup, one (1) Chemex filter pack, one (1) Holiday cactus mug, one (1) OXO Cold Brewer, one (1) KeepCup, one (1) Hydroflask, one (1) Branded t-shirt, one (1) Branded cap. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is seven hundred dollars ($700.00 USD). The odds of winning the Grand Prize depends upon on the number of purchases made for the entire Sweepstakes Entry Period.
Prize is not redeemable for cash except as required by law. Prize is not transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution is allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. All taxes on a Prize, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using the Prize not listed in these Official Rules are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winners, who will receive a Form 1099 reflecting the actual retail value of the Prize in the year it was won. The Prize will be awarded provided it is validly claimed by June 29, 2020, after which no alternate winner will be selected, nor unclaimed prize awarded.
PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS-IS’’ AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). SPONSOR ENTITIES (INCLUDING EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATES) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY ARISING FROM USE, MISUSE OR REDEMPTION OF THE PRIZE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES SUSTAINED BY PRIZE WINNER OR OTHER USERS OF THE PRIZE FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING FROM ANY PORTION OF THE GRAND PRIZE.
- PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant grants to the Sponsor Entities a perpetual, worldwide, unlimited, irrevocable, royalty-free license and right to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to the Sponsor Entities and that the Sponsor Entities' reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of their name will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. Entrants further agree: (1) that Sponsor Entities may exercise any and all rights hereunder without attribution, notification or compensation to Entrants; (2) that Sponsor Entities shall have the right to freely assign their rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any other person or entity, without notification or approval by Entrant; (3) that Entrants may be contacted by the Sponsor Entities by telephone, mail or e-mail regarding this Sweepstakes; and (5) to sign and deliver to the Sponsor Entities such documents as the Sponsor Entities may reasonably require to effectuate the rights granted herein.
- GENERAL RULES: Sponsor Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, or the selection or notification of Grand Prize Winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select the Grand Prize Winners from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such Entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
- PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each Entrant agrees THAT THE SPONSOR ENTITIES AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. By participating in the Sweepstakes each entrant (including each Grand Prize Winner) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, and agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor Entities and their respective shareholders (“Releases”) from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, injuries, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of, related to or in connection with (i) the Sweepstakes; (ii) receipt or redemption of a Prize; or (iii) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or any Prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). Grand Prize Winners assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of a Prize.
- BINDING ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES: We believe that arbitration is a faster, more convenient and less expensive way to resolve any disputes or disagreements that you may have related to this Contest or your interactions with the Sponsor. Therefore, pursuant to these Official Rules, if you have any dispute or disagreement with the Sponsor regarding or relating to the Sweepstakes, the Prize, or other aspect of your interaction with the Sponsor or the website or service where this Sweepstakes appears, including any data or information you may provide to the Sponsor or that the Sponsor may gather in connection with such use, interaction or transaction (collectively, “Sponsor Transactions or Relationships”), you will not have the right to pursue a claim in court, or have a jury decide the claim and you will not have the right to bring or participate in any class action or similar proceeding in court or in arbitration. By entering the Sweepstakes or engaging in any other Sponsor Transactions or Relationships, you agree to binding arbitration as provided below.
- a) the Arbitration shall be conducted before a single arbitrator selected in accordance with the Applicable Rules or by mutual agreement between you and the Sponsor (the “Arbitrator”);
- b) the Arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising under or relating to the validity, interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of these Official Rules (including these arbitration provisions), including but not limited to any claim that all or any part of the Official Rules is void or voidable;
- c) the Arbitration shall be held either: (i) at a location determined by JAMS pursuant to the Applicable Rules (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for you and does not require travel in excess of 100 miles from your home or place of business); or (ii) at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by you and the Sponsor; or (iii) at your election, if the only claims in the arbitration are asserted by you and are for less than $10,000 in aggregate, by telephone or by written submission;
- d) the Arbitrator (i) shall apply internal laws of the State of California consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, or, to the extent (if any) that federal law prevails, shall apply the law of the United States, irrespective of any conflict of law principles; (ii) shall entertain any motion to dismiss, motion to strike, motion for judgment on the pleadings, motion for complete or partial summary judgment, motion for summary adjudication, or any other dispositive motion consistent with California or federal rules of procedure, as applicable; (iii) shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; and (iv) shall have authority to award any form of legal or equitable relief, provided, however, that in no event shall either party be entitled to damages in excess of actual damages or to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages;
- e) the Arbitration can resolve only your and/or the Sponsor’s individual claims, and the Arbitrator shall have no authority to entertain or arbitrate any claims on a class or representative basis, or to consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated;
- f) the Arbitrator shall issue a written award supported by a statement of decision setting forth the Arbitrator’s complete determination of the dispute and the factual findings and legal conclusions relevant to it (an “Award”). Judgment upon the Award may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof or having jurisdiction over the relevant party or its assets;
- g) in the event that you are able to demonstrate that the costs of Arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, the Sponsor will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the Arbitration as the Arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive, regardless of the outcome of the Arbitration, unless the Arbitrator determines that your claim(s) were frivolous or asserted in bad faith;
- h) in the event you recover an Award greater than the Sponsor’s last written settlement offer, the Arbitrator shall also have the right to include in the Award the Sponsor’s reimbursement of your reasonable and actual out-of-pocket attorneys’ fees associated with the Arbitration, but the Sponsor shall in all events bear its own attorneys’ fees;
- i) with the exception of subpart (e) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Applicable Rules, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (e) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor the Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute, and must instead bring any claims in a state or Federal court of competent jurisdiction located in Los Angeles, California; and
(j) notwithstanding the foregoing arbitration provisions, at your option, you may bring any claim you have against the Sponsor in your local small claims court within the United States, if your claim is within such court’s jurisdictional limit; provided that such court does not have the authority to entertain any claims on a class or representative basis, or to consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated in such proceeding.
- FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor Entities shall not be liable to Grand Prize Winners or any other person for failure to supply the Grand Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, network or computer problems, internet problems, hacking, computer viruses, unauthorized computer access, tampering, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
- OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for the names of the Grand Prize Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Groundwork Coffee Company” Sweepstakes Official Rules/ Winners List Request, 5457 Cleon Ave., N Hollywood, CA 91601. Requests for winner lists must be received no later than three (3) months after the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
- SPONSOR: Groundwork Coffee Company, 5457 Cleon Ave., N Hollywood, CA 91601
It’s said that coffee was discovered by goats of an Ethiopian goatherd named Kaldi who observed his animals acting unusually frisky after eating berries from a bush.
Coffee is a green bean hidden in the red cherry of the coffee tree. Coffee beans are actually seeds.
Coffee was first cultivated after being transported from Ethiopia, where it was discovered, in what is today the country of Yemen.
The two main types of coffee trees, Arabica and Robusta, can produce crops for 20-30 years under proper conditions and care.
More than 53 countries grow coffee worldwide, but all of them lie along the equator between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn
Starting in the 15th century, coffee traveled to Turkey, and then on to Europe. Migrating up from Italy, it arrived in Paris in 1686 when the first French café was opened.
With the exception of Hawaii and Puerto Rico, no coffee is grown in the U.S. or its territories.
The world’s largest coffee producer is Brazil, with upwards of 3,970,000,000 coffee trees.
One coffee bush yields slightly less than one pound of coffee per year.
Coffee ripens unevenly, hence gourmet and specialty coffee must be picked by hand.
In 1720, a French lieutenant traveled with a coffee plant he’d received as a gift. He planted it on the island of Martinique and plantations soon grew from French Guyana to Brazil and Central America. Almost all the coffee in Latin America descends from that single Martinique plant.
Today, coffee is a giant global industry employing more than 25 million people worldwide.
Most coffee farmers have never tasted their own coffee.
Coffee ranks second only to petroleum in terms of dollars traded worldwide.
For every pound of specialty coffee sold, a coffee farmer may receive between 12 and 25 cents. Only one cent of the price of a $2 cup of coffee goes to the grower.
Espresso came from Neapolitan impatience: they simply couldn’t wait for coffee to be brewed. The French introduced the first espresso machine in 1822, but the Italians perfected and distributed it.
Espresso has roughly 1/3 the caffeine as a regular cup of coffee.
Ninety percent of Americans consume caffeine in some form every day.
Decaffeinated products still have caffeine in them. In the U.S., “decaffeinated” means that a product contains no more than 2.5% caffeine.
Instant coffee was invented in 1906 by Mr. G. Washington, an Englishman living in Guatemala.
With more than 500 billion cups consumed every year, coffee is the world’s most popular beverage.
You snooze, you lose.
Sign up for our newsletter and get FREE SHIPPING your next order.
Plus, be the first to hear about exclusive offers, new products, and Groundwork goings-on.