"My Perfect Blend" Photo Contest Official Rules
GROUNDWORK COFFEE "MY PERFECT BLEND" PHOTO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to those who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Groundwork Coffee, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. AGREEMENT TO RULES: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Groundwork Coffee as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. CAMPAIGN PERIOD: Entries will be accepted online starting on FEBRUARY 27, 2020 at 12:00 AM PST and ending MARCH 5, 2020 at 11:59pm PST. All online entries must be received or posted on the applicable social channels by 11:59 PM PST on March 5, 2020.
4. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest may be entered in one of four ways. 1.) Post photo with the caption "Groundwork + (insert here) = My Perfect Blend" and the hashtag #MyPerfectBlendContest to the official Groundwork Coffee Facebook page, 2.) Post photo with the caption "Groundwork + (insert here) = My Perfect Blend" to contestant's Instagram feed with the hashtag #MyPerfectBlendContest and tag @groundworkcoffee, 3.) Tweet photo with the caption "Groundwork + (insert here) = My Perfect Blend" with the hashtag #MyPerfectBlendContest and tag @groundworkcoffe or 4.) email photo to email@example.com and with description of blend. Regardless of submission channel, the entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Groundwork Coffee. You must provide the information requested.
5. PRIZES: The Winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive (1) Coffee for a year (2 bags per month for 12 months), one (1) Hydroflask, one (1) Branded t-shirt, one (1) Branded cap. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is three hundred dollars ($300.00 USD). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Groundwork Coffee. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Groundwork Coffee's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Groundwork Coffee to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. ODDS: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a community vote under the supervision of Groundwork Coffee. Top four entries as determined by the Groundwork Marketing team will be put up for a vote on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Voting will occur Monday March 9, 2020 to March 12, 2020. The photo that receives the most votes via polling or comments will be determined the winner. Winner will be notified by via their method of submission (i.e. Twitter direct message, Facebook message, email) within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Groundwork Coffee shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT GROUNDWORK COFFEE'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Groundwork Coffee, anyone acting on behalf of Groundwork Coffee, and Groundwork Coffee’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Groundwork Coffee. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Groundwork Coffee from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Groundwork Coffee may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. TERMS & CONDITIONS: Groundwork Coffee reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Groundwork Coffee’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Groundwork Coffee may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Groundwork Coffee. Groundwork Coffee reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Groundwork Coffee has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Groundwork Coffee reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Groundwork Coffee and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. DISPUTES: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. WINNER'S LIST To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Groundwork Coffee 5457 Cleon Ave, North Hollywood, California, 91601, United States
14. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Groundwork Coffee 5457 Cleon Ave, North Hollywood, California, 91601, United States
15. FACEBOOK: The Campaign hosted by Groundwork Coffee is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
16. By entering the aforementioned contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
It’s said that coffee was discovered by goats of an Ethiopian goatherd named Kaldi who observed his animals acting unusually frisky after eating berries from a bush.
Coffee is a green bean hidden in the red cherry of the coffee tree. Coffee beans are actually seeds.
Coffee was first cultivated after being transported from Ethiopia, where it was discovered, in what is today the country of Yemen.
The two main types of coffee trees, Arabica and Robusta, can produce crops for 20-30 years under proper conditions and care.
More than 53 countries grow coffee worldwide, but all of them lie along the equator between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn
Starting in the 15th century, coffee traveled to Turkey, and then on to Europe. Migrating up from Italy, it arrived in Paris in 1686 when the first French café was opened.
With the exception of Hawaii and Puerto Rico, no coffee is grown in the U.S. or its territories.
The world’s largest coffee producer is Brazil, with upwards of 3,970,000,000 coffee trees.
One coffee bush yields slightly less than one pound of coffee per year.
Coffee ripens unevenly, hence gourmet and specialty coffee must be picked by hand.
In 1720, a French lieutenant traveled with a coffee plant he’d received as a gift. He planted it on the island of Martinique and plantations soon grew from French Guyana to Brazil and Central America. Almost all the coffee in Latin America descends from that single Martinique plant.
Today, coffee is a giant global industry employing more than 25 million people worldwide.
Most coffee farmers have never tasted their own coffee.
Coffee ranks second only to petroleum in terms of dollars traded worldwide.
For every pound of specialty coffee sold, a coffee farmer may receive between 12 and 25 cents. Only one cent of the price of a $2 cup of coffee goes to the grower.
Espresso came from Neapolitan impatience: they simply couldn’t wait for coffee to be brewed. The French introduced the first espresso machine in 1822, but the Italians perfected and distributed it.
Espresso has roughly 1/3 the caffeine as a regular cup of coffee.
Ninety percent of Americans consume caffeine in some form every day.
Decaffeinated products still have caffeine in them. In the U.S., “decaffeinated” means that a product contains no more than 2.5% caffeine.
Instant coffee was invented in 1906 by Mr. G. Washington, an Englishman living in Guatemala.
With more than 500 billion cups consumed every year, coffee is the world’s most popular beverage.
You snooze, you lose.
Sign up for our newsletter and get FREE SHIPPING your next order.
Plus, be the first to hear about exclusive offers, new products, and Groundwork goings-on.