Black Gold Coffee Blondies Recipe
There's something about the addition of coffee that make these blondies so delicious. We can't wait for you to try out this recipe - your friends and family will be back for seconds, we guarantee it.
Let's get to it!
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of brewed room temperature Black Gold (feel free to use any Groundwork favorite!)*
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside for now.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, sugar and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the butter is completely melted and the mixture is hot (but not simmering).
- Remove from heat and stir in brewed Groundwork Black Gold* coffee until combined.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature (about 20 minutes).
- In the meantime, pour the pecans onto a small baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until fragrant, stirring halfway. Set aside to cool.
- Once butter and sugar mixture has cooled to room temperature, add the egg and vanilla and whisk until combined. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add the pecans and chocolate chunks and stir gently to combine.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared greased pan with parchment paper. Bake for 18 to 24 minutes, until the blondies are set and the top is golden brown and beginning to form cracks.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely (We know it's tempting to cut into it right away- trust us, it's worth the wait.) Once cooled, lift blondies from the pan onto a flat surface. Cut and serve with a cup of coffee (: